Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Supporting Canadian Troops


I bought Causabella with an idea in mind for my StepMom Karen, she walks the Weekend to End Breast Cancer every year. Since she may be reading this I won't divulge what exactly I have in store but it'll be great and I'll share it here when I'm eventually done.
I was playing last night with Causabella and agonizing over the right shade of pinks to use, because I was focused on using her for Breast Cancer. Then it dawned on me that this was Causabella- that meant she stood for all Causes. Duh! Michelle. So I decided to leave the multitude of pink cardstock, markers, etc for another time and come up with another worthy cause.
I was reminded of Chloe's yellow ribbon on Saturday as she was off to see Jesse graduate from his training. Even though I love monochromatic colour schemes Causabella needs to punch it up a bit because well, just look at her, she's all about being seen and heard. In Canada we have red Fridays where you wear red to show the support of our Canadian Troops, thus the inspiration for this newest Bella card.
Image is by Stamping Bella. All other supplies are Stampin' Up! Soft Swirls background and Small Script stamp set. Colours are Real Red and So Saffron.

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific bella...I love how you used her here!